Friday, March 2, 2012

Hello Again!

I know it's been a while since I have written a post on here. With the birds chirping in this spring-like weather, I thought it was time to get writing again!
Yes, I have my garden on my brain. Although this year, I am not starting my seedlings as early. My kitchen looked like a green house last year and I had plants in every window and very little room on my counters.

This year, I will stagger my crops focusing on tomatoes (2 or 3 varieties), lettuce, herbs and a separate squash garden. Of course there will be other veggies but I have to pick and choose since I am working with a small space. I did quite will with my container plants. We had some nasty weather last year so it was nice to be able to bring the containers in the house during Hurricane Irene. My garden did surprisingly well during that whopper!
I will once again do everything organically. For me, that's a no brainer and there is no other way to do it.
I continue to buy my eggs from my friends farm and I try real hard to only eat meat that was raised by people I know. Yes, that gets pricey but in my opinion, it is worth every penny. We are not big meat eaters in this house so when I do serve it, I want to know exactly where it is from and what it was eating. There is no comparison in taste.

It is March 2nd and spring is knocking on our doors... Although I should know better than to say that since March often brings quite a lot of snow in New England. Either way, spring is near.
I would love to hear about what you all are doing in preparation for your gardens. Happy gardening everyone!
-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment