I suppose it's the price I pay for clearing land for a garden--poison ivy that is. That stuff is friggin' evil! I knew it was there and tried to be mindful when removing it but I am so damn allergic I would probably get it from just looking at it. Oh, and the best part is that I clearly have a few different strains going on. Good God I look like a leper!
I learned that the resin from the leaf can stay on an object for up to a year. NICE! My clothing, rake, all of my garden tools... EVERYTHING is contaminated not to mention my favorite pair of wellies that I am terrified to touch.
So the doc put me on an oral steroid because it was so close to my eyes. I am not sure if it helped or not but I took it all like a good girl. She told me it would make me jittery and hungry. Got the jitters and got sick to my stomach. Never got the munchies. It tasted horrible and I complained to the hubs like a school girl. Poor fella. I was pathetic..
This started 3 weeks ago and I am still riddled with this crap! Not sure how but I keep reinfecting myself. Hello summer!
Just had to share my most recent calamity. Poison Ivy is from HELL! Be careful out there!